Battle.net gaming clan. All battle.net games played.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wanting to do more!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TyGa(R)

PostSubject: Wanting to do more!!   Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:02 am

Umm well I've been Sergeant Major for a while now and I wanted to know if theres anyway I can be promoted to a high position to do more for the clan and its members just get back to me please I'm also a very active person on all the time most of the time I play games because no one is on when Im on it seems but just tell me the times you guys are on so I can talk to you of High Rank. Palaris you know me pretty well I would also like to have a discussion with you on this subject as well so Palaris just get back to me from this post and tell me when you will be on so I can talk to you.
Back to top Go down
MidNight(R)

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to do more!!   Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:16 am

look at this next rank up would be maybe warrant offcier,
http://clanrep.forumeast.com/recruiting-reference-f5/how-to-put-in-a-wo-request-t9.htm

hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Http://www.clanrep.net
TyGa(R)

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to do more!!   Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:05 am

ok but where would I apply for this at here? And the whole reason for me doing this post is I'm not into recruiting like I use to I've become very impatient over the years with kids acting like they don't know what I'm saying or how to do what I'm saying So I know is was alot to ask but I was just asking basically could I skip the WO ranks to like Ensign but I was also thinking they were like seperate from the other ranks my mistake. I didn't know you had to go thru those ranks just to get to Ensign or LT for that matter! And trust me I would never beg for a rank its no that special I was just asking so I could particapate in helping this clan!
Back to top Go down
60apm(R)

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to do more!!   Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:07 am

yea, at first i thought since it's different functions of the clan, that we could skip the WO ranks, but it wasn't the case.

basically, they want all people who reach "officer" to have some knowledge, and first hand experience with the "warrant officer" ranks.

as long as you do a decent job in WO ranks, it won't be that long before you reach Officer. but you already mentioned you don't like recruiting, that might be a problem. anyhow, i like your spirit, just help out any way you can, don't exhaust yourself Smile
Back to top Go down
MidNight(R)

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to do more!!   Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:52 pm

i can see your problem but there are other ways of being rewarded going up in ranks inrare cases. some of the things that can help a long the way is influence in the clan. i don't mean i got 20 friends in clan i should get ensign rank lol. What I mean by this is simply how helpfiul u can be e.g

web design
graphics
coding/scripting
hosting bots
hosting team speak/ vent
getting active in helping run tournamnets (doing this would also get u into being a tournmanet admin/staff member)
getting more players to sign up be active on forums or clans

Bascially what u can bring to the clan. Atm im looking into maybe a reward system for people actively posting on forums, but thats still in my head and not on paper lol.

The problem recruiting is a very foundation of the clan with out recruits the clan can't grow. We also release that not everyone has the skills required to recruit people. They may have a differnt undiscovered talent that coudl help th clan ina differnt way.

Hmm might be agood idea to set up a partner system where you wouldn't have tor ecruit but u could follow say queen on a quest for recruitment gaining experince that could be used say for in tournamnets. just an idea gain dont qoute me on any of this.

If see anything you can do that might be of interest even poutting up prizes for tournaments liek what megaman did dont hesitiate to repost here or ask questions Smile.
Back to top Go down
60apm(R)

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to do more!!   Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:14 am

ah, true.

one "faster" way to get a rank above the seniority ranks, is to become a tourney staff.

you'd have to be active in the tournament side of the clan though.
so if you like that kind of stuff, let me know, i'll let you host/co-host some tourneys.
Back to top Go down
TyGa(R)

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to do more!!   Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:31 am

This is to 60apm(R):
I am more interested in doing tournaments and stuff like that but do yall use that one program to host 1v1s and 2v2's do we host 2v2s tournaments I will be more than willing to help with that. Thats atleast fun to me.

And to Midnight(R):
I'm familiar with the WO rank its just I cant seem to figure out how to recruit people when there is nothing on the regular site saying add recruiters here or nothing. Recruiting is just a pain in the ass altogether so how could I even get to WO if I don't even know how to get my recruit to sign him up......And if there is something I need to learn to do this I think like someone should post something on the forums saying like for all Sergeant Majors WO trainging will be this day this time so atleast some people know and just keep a bot in the channel you host it in since we have so many in our channel for what...I don't know just a suggestion would greatly appreciate it but thanks for the advice from both of you.

P.S. please reply back.
Back to top Go down
MidNight(R)

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to do more!!   Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:25 am

ah we do that already once someone expresses an interest in becoming a warrant offcier they are given a training session on how to add people, how to recruit best way to go about it etc.

On main website > console, your options increase according to your promoted rank so recruit has some options not many private has more then next up is wo for options. warrant offciers have options like add member and so on. Reason for this is we dont want every one signing up laods of names and spamming site with 12 accts for 1 person. Also becuase we go threw the training session it ensures that you will know what your doing.

No point in telling someone how to do something if they dont even have the option just creates confusion like "i can't find it in console". this is also why we ask people when recruitng that they need to be wo or higher as they all have
1) experince
2) know how to add acct's
3) know correct producre
4) know the rules
5) have a certain time with clan and understand how we work

any new rank above wo is followed by a training session on duties on how to go about what shold be done we follow a report system so wo to mcwo and so on till it reach's the top. This makes iot so we can moniter where in the clan thigns might be breaking down and any one who advances in the clan will have all the prio knowledge to beable to train any rank below them.
Back to top Go down
TyGa(R)

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to do more!!   Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:46 am

So in order to become WO I have to basically tell you im Interested in the position?? Well see I'm not interested I wish I could skip it altogether this is why I thought that those ranks should be seperate I know im making this a big deal but it just really defeats the fact to have other ranks if you have to go thru WO ranks first.

Its almost like I might as well just stay this rank because I really don't have any interest in recruiting or for that matter becoming a WO. So yeah I guess you can kinda close this or w.e you want because this whole thing is just confusing me but its alright I'll just say Sergeant Major and if I can assist any of you at any time just ask me but I'm not good with bots my comp is pretty crappy its amazing I can even stay on so long.

Sorry if this seems disappointing not trying to be a downer or nothing like im not trying but I just dont feel the need to recruit members when we have enough as it is and our channel is full with bots they use makes no since to me at all or there playing D2 all the time lol. But I don't guess im just tired of recruiting because I did it in my old clan for years.
Back to top Go down
MidNight(R)

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to do more!!   Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:52 am

Thats cool if you need to know seomthing it's alway better to ask and i myself always encourage it among the members of the clan.

Post Locked By Midnight(R)

Issue resolved, If you wish to reopen this post or did not get a satisfactory anser please contact me via the message system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to do more!!   

Back to top Go down

Wanting to do more!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1