Battle.net gaming clan. All battle.net games played.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

ok so...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MidNight(R)

PostSubject: ok so...   Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:46 pm

ok so i like to think i know a few things when it comes to bulding pc's. key word there is like. any ways so i just got anew power pack and gfx card for my pc, there i am installing it all etc (30 mins later) i power on pc and fans spin lights are on .. only no post screen (post screen is like the test ram shows cpu maker etc screen when pc first get turns on) so a black/blank screen nothing but the sounds of fans going .. dvd-rom seems to open/close the cpu starts to get warm so its calculating how the hell the fans are working ><. simple answer i take all my ram out and restart .. and does same thing "no beeps" (for novices the mb will beep a nice long tune to you when no ram is detected) so this tells me my mb is not even getting to look for ram. unplug the hard drives, dvd-r. so all i have plugged in is the basics 1 mb cpu / fan for it using mb gfx (no ram) a mouse and keyboard .. and still the same so i tried replacing the mb battery simple things help Smile. and well to my surpise did excatly the same just wanted a second opinion, it's dead correct? or did i jump the gun on the cpu ><
Back to top Go down
Http://www.clanrep.net
ahappycat(R)

PostSubject: Re: ok so...   Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:57 am

does your gfx cards have extra slots for power plugs ? If so, you have to plug those in too. They come as a 6 pin and/or 8 pin.
Back to top Go down
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: ok so...   Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:18 am

Not only that, you may be triggering a Quarter/Half/Full Duplex State inadvertently. Halfs and Fulls let you get past the screen and ight before windows boot up. Did you replace cmos battery (the little watch battery on your mb)? Also, make sure everything is snug (but not too snug) in its connection sockets. Every time I move or replace something in my Desktop, I get a similar situation, other times it. Sometimes its the power supply connection to the mother board others its the RAM Slots or the SATA HD Connections. Which brings me to point two. There are 3 types of Sata connections: PATA, SATA, SATA II. Wester Digital, Hitachi, and Toshiba use SATA II/PATA for the best compatibility. The newer SEAGATES ( x > 700 GB ) as well. Sometimes the connection is bad and it trips a failsafe (my Hitachi and WD Caviar Green both have a fail-safe that prevents my computer from powering up the HD for usage).

Now if this doesn't work, go back to your RAM.

However, I am assuming that the length of time that has passed means that you got it to work on your own.

If others start having computer problems with self-assembled computers, follow this diagnosing guide:
  1. Does it even boot into the first prompt screen with the BIOS logo? (Laptops will show the manufacturer and model.) (Check your power cables and your connections. Check your BIOS/CMOS battery.)
  2. Does is throw out a duplex error? (Check the connections to your HDs and Optical Drives!)
  3. Does it start then restart? (CHECK CPU FAN CONNECTION TO THE CPU!!)
  4. Do you have a multiple OS installs? (You get a screen where it lists 2 or more OS choices. Fix: Delete old OS install if you can find it, or format and reinstall OS. Else, you have to live with it if you cannot/do not want to do either.)

If anyone else has any computer problems, feel free to ask. If I don't know the answer, I can find out with one or two phone calls as most of my household and most my friends deal with PC/Laptop tech support at least 5 days a week.
Back to top Go down
MidNight(R)

PostSubject: Re: ok so...   Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:27 am

considering i jus went out and bulit another one. ( yes bulid as in put it together myself) was safe to say the mb was dead. i bulid pc's so things i had already tested for was well everything lol.

damn this is old somene lock it ?
Back to top Go down
Http://www.clanrep.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ok so...   

Back to top Go down

ok so...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Republic :: Welcome! Users :: Tech Support-
Jump to: