Battle.net gaming clan. All battle.net games played.

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

diff turnys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sire_nex(R)

PostSubject: diff turnys   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:17 pm

its not about a specific map, but i rly think we shuld do UMS turnys 2 for the ppl like me who cant rly play fastest or low money
Back to top Go down
MidNight(R)

PostSubject: Re: diff turnys   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:23 pm

there are such maps like micro tournamnets for 8 players that are done fairly you both play each other once with same unit's switched each times winner advances on map. or could hold a 2v2 snipers tournamnet (not the kind whereu can upgrade get laods of difnert units) the simpe type with with just ghost.
i'll ask 60 to look into it Smile
Back to top Go down
Http://www.clanrep.net
sire_nex(R)

PostSubject: Re: diff turnys   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:29 pm

idk, i was thinkin more of 1v1 clone wars, or some other map that u can have 1v1 on but it isnt the typical game u no?
Back to top Go down
MidNight(R)

PostSubject: Re: diff turnys   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:59 pm

hmm sound's good but gotta answer some simple quetions before anythinng goes futher.

1) will other people like it
2) does it alrdy have a big enough fan base for people to be interested
3) how wil you deicide what's not allowed and what is? does the map have bugs, what version.

You get the general idea, My biggest concern if we host it who will show up?

unlike fast or low money which has interchangeable player's that can pretty much do both, ums is on diffenrt level. It can be hard to set standards for and fairness, reason i had the choice of snipers (example) its a simple map and it has quite a big fan base. The map is also fair in the only unfair thing about it "is shooting air" but that's a scbw bug and acceptable.

so i'm not totall aginst it but i would like feed abck before hosting such a tournamnet. If you could come to me with say 6 -8 peopel all saying we want a tournamnet for clone wars i can set one up no proble as long as you would all agree on version and base rules. Also all map exploits are explained if any before about that map and it's also recored replay so we can tell if any disputes happend if they used amap bug to gain upper hand.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.clanrep.net
60apm(R)

PostSubject: Re: diff turnys   Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:41 am

good discussion topic sire, i would definitely like to diversify the tourneys.

midnight midnight did a very good job at explaining things/factors to think about before implementing a new game/format.
Back to top Go down
Fea(R)

PostSubject: Re: diff turnys   Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:21 pm

You should use Chain of Command for a UMS tournament map. It is a 4v4 brawl with one person on each Team being the Commander (VIP, if you are used to FPS matches). The Commander hands out units each turn so the Generals can defend his base and capture supply points. These supply points go towards bigger spawns, better units, researching artillery, and much more. The game can take as long as an hour, but every minute will be a fun one if no one sits and tries to spam units.

Basics
If you kill an enemy General (high templar), that part of the enemy faction instantly loses.
If you kill the enemy Commander (Archon), the entire enemy faction loses.
If you destroy their boot camp and HQ, they can no longer spawn units, thus win.

This game comes in both Terran and Protoss based units, so there will always bee lots of diversity. If you wish to get a copy of this map, please contact me via PM or on battle.net.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bnetweb.org/
sire_nex(R)

PostSubject: Re: diff turnys   Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:06 pm

ive found a map that we could do a 2v2 turny on. builders and fighters. 1 person builds while the other fights. idk if yall have ever playd it b4 or not, but i think a lot of ppl would like it and its pretty simple and easy 2 learn. if anyone wants 2 c wat it is if they dont no, just let me no when u c me and ill show u.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: diff turnys   

Back to top Go down

diff turnys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1